What is the time span of IUD ?

Hi. Sir, I am 35 years old. I want to know the life of IUD used for family planning .
Asked On : Wed, 18 May 2011
Hello Mr.Abdul Majeed;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
The IUD used specially copper-T is a regular one and a multiload.The regular has a life of 3 yrs and the multiload of 5 yrs.Another IUD which is hormonal has come up recently and is named Mirena which again has a life of 5 yrs but it is costly as well as being hormonal it is not suited for everybody.If you want a better option go for copper-T which ever you like if your wife can tolerate it will be best.Please consult a Gynaecologist close by for details and the procedure.