What is the surgery procedure for undergoing hernia veternal ?

hi. i am 25 year old female with a 2 1/2 year old son. from past 3 months i am experiencing pain above my belly button on and off... was just given pain killers by doctors as it was considered muscular spasm due to lifting heavy baggage while travelling to my homeland. but in my last visit to the doctor, which was 2 days back, i was said it seems a case of hernia veternal n i will have to undergo a surgery . i am having another appointment with a surgeon now next week n also an ultrasound session. i am just freaking out about surgery as i am too young and i am also scared that i will have problems in concieving again... it will be very helpful if anyone can guide me about the surgery procedure. also what could be da possible question i should be asking my surgeon next week... any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you.
Asked On : Mon, 21 Feb 2011