What is the stuff that makes your heart slow down?

You when your heart rate is at 169 and the doctors are like Get me 5 ccs of _______ stat! . that stuff.
Asked On : Fri, 18 Dec 2009
Are using " 5 cc's" as an example or it that an actual amount ?? If so, that would determine which drug that they would administer. The med could be Toprol ( beta-blocker) or even Lopressor ( beta- blocker). These both would slow the heart rate. Digoxin is another medication used to slow and strengthen the heart. But, not usually the first drug to be given in such a situation. Was this an actual situation?? If so, how long ago?? The choice of drugs used has changed over the years. I hope that this helps.