What is the stabbing and shooting pain in clitoris? Why does it sting?

Hi there, I am a 20 year old Female. I m having a sharp, stabbing , shooting pain in my clitoris that hasn t gone away for the past three or four days. I get it every once in awhile and I can t seem to figure it out. I have not been having sex in the past few months so it can t be friction from that. It especially hurts when I wipe after using the bathroom with toilet paper (stings). I have been walking a lot lately as well since I am traveling and have a lot of sights to see. Is there a way I can alleviate my symptoms and somehow prevent this uncomfortable pain from coming back?
Asked On : Tue, 19 Jun 2012