What is the solution for nipple pain ?

my girlfriend is 20. she is 5ft 2inch tal weighs 52 She has pain in her left nipples. its over a year its vry sensitive to her..evn if she touches or when she puts water on her breasts it pains..what could be the reason for this....and what could be a better solution to this..i m really scared about her...pls help me out in this
Asked On : Wed, 13 Apr 2011
Hi,thanks for query.The problem could be just simple sensitive skin.Ask her avoid wearing tight fitting bra.Apply some moisturizer every day.Please look for any local redness or something else.Avoid applying soap or any other chemical on it.
wishing her good health.
General Surgeon Dr. Swapnendu Sekhar Ghosh's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic
it is very unusual ,hyper sensitive nipple one side only and limited to nipple only
there may be some local skin condition giving rise to such condition or some pressure on the root of nerve supplying the area though it seems to be rare
please get a check up and investigations as suggested by doctor
if there is no lump and nothing else except the hypersensitive part you may use some local anaesthatic gel 2% and may see the result
may use for few days
hope she be alright soon