What is the solution for Obsessive, compulsive disorder ?

hi doctor my sis is 24 old and she is having habit of wasting much water like if anything to give for wash she use plenty of water so her hands become rough.we are taken her to sycologist he advice her that her mind set is like that so admit her in hospital for 5 days or 1 month and she is becoming very thin please advice what i have to do.i am not have intrest to admit her b coz in that hospital many different people i found and i feel that may be my sister will fee lthat we r admiting her in pagal hospital.
Asked On : Tue, 15 Feb 2011
thanks for choosing health care majic.she is in need of psychiatrist help.I can understand your concerns for admitting her in mental hospital.But speak to your doctor and ask him if you can try something initially at home.some times a trial can be taken.In mean time explain her that this is not normal and why all of you are not doing this ? so this is not acceptable.Repeated counseling by counselor and relative support will really help