What is the remedy to prevent recurring cold in children ?

my son is 3 and half year old and is on budecart and asthalin inhaler 1 puff at morning and night dose.he is suffering from severe cold ,who was on treatment for primary complex at the age 2 yrs .I have started the prevener and relever puff just befor ea week as he got sever cold. how long can i continue this? what is the best way to prevent this recurrent cold.
Asked On : Thu, 1 Mar 2012
I think your baby is receiving the treatment of BROCHIAL ASTHMA.This is a common chronic disease in children.In asthma treatment depends on the number of attack of distress to a constant time duration(i.e per month,per week or per day).As your child is receiving continious treatment of steroid(budicort) I think he is suffering several attack every week.The duration of treatment is depends on the response of current treatment.Usually the treatment protocol is changeable according to the response. Around 5 years the number of attack usually diminished if treatment continued.
So stay with your treatment.
General & Family Physician Dr. Veera Raghava Rao Buddha.'s  Response
Hi welcome to H.C.M.Forum. as your description suggests, he is having trachio bronchitis. usually it disappears after the age of 5years. get his blood tested for d.c test reveals if eosinofelia is present. if it is there, he needs treatment under local doctors guidance. thank you.