What is the remedy for the large multi-coloured bruise on my calf that is constantly burning ?

I have a large multi coloured bruise on my calf that has a lump under skin n burns. Hi, A week ago while leading my 11h foal he pushed into me and I fell to the ground. He got a fright and his hoof came down on my calf. He s ok but I ve been left with a massive multi coloured bruise. Theres a lump under the skin, a straight scrape/fine cut through the middle of the brusied area and for the last 4 days the bruised area has been constantly burning. My husband thinks it s just part of the healing process but I don t think the same way. Any ideas on whats going on? Please. Thanks.
Asked On : Fri, 18 Feb 2011