What is the remedy for psoriasis causing severe itching and sleepless nights ?

i am 58 years old male working as senior executive in private company. I have been suffering from psoriasis for last 16 years. Both legs are affected with severe skin damages, itching, inflammation and burning. allopathic treatment taken on few occasions did not provide sustainable relief. i need to scratch the affected area very often to the point of bleeding and fluid discharge. not able to sleep due to skin inflammation. please suggest a treatment for relief. i have been applying coconut oil and taking atarax for some sleep in the night.
Asked On : Mon, 16 Apr 2012