What is the remedy for one eye looking smaller and losing near vision after an IOL surgery ?

Dear Doctor , My eyesight was -5.00 for both eyes. I have undergone IOL eye surgery only for my right eye in 2010. They have placed a lens inside my eye permanently. For the other eye, I am using contact lens . For the operated eye, though my far vision improved, i started losing my near vision gradually. After the surgery i had +0.5, and now it is +3.0. Also the operated eye is looking smaller than the other. I am very much disappointed, please suggest if there is a remedy for this.
Asked On : Fri, 2 Sep 2011