Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

What is the remedy for epilepsy ?

Dear Doctor My elder sister 31 yrs old has been suffering from Epilepsy for 10-12 yrs.she gets attacks interval ofom Kolkata few months,is this disease totaly curable?Would like to get address where the treatment has been done in Kolkata.Pls Suggest Fr
Asked On : Wed, 10 Aug 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  161
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Neurologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query. Most of the epilepsies except genetic epilepsy are cured with proper diagnosis and usage of correct medicines. Only 20% may not respond to medicines and may require surgery for cure. So do not worry the chances of you falling in 80% category is very high. Bye

Dr Shiva Kumar R
Epilepsy specialist, Bangalore
Answered: Wed, 17 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Padma Saikia's  Response
Hi Riyan,
Welcome to HCM.
Epilepsy is caused due to electrical malfunctioning within the brain due to damage of brain cells or inherited abnormality.Complete cure of it depends on the cause. You can follow diet to control it like Strict diet, complete relaxation and optimum exercise is the key factor,Adopt an exclusive fruit diet for first few days,Sprouted Alfa Alfa seeds, raw goat milk, raw butter and homemade cottage cheese are essential.
Wish her good health.
Answered: Wed, 10 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
 

 

Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor