What is the reasons of severe headache & eye pain after VP shunt replacing ?

What is the reasons of severe headache & eye pain after VP shunt replacing? Dear Dr. Recently my younger brother aged 13 yrs has got VP shunt replacing, which was first introduced when he was 2 yrs . But he is suffering from severe headache & eye pain. I discussed with respective surgeon . He told me that his VP shunt is ok inside the head & body and working well. But i didn’t found the exact reasons why my brother suffering from severe headache & eye pain. Can u told me the what reason behind this? I m eagerly waiting for your valuable suggestions.
Asked On : Thu, 9 Jun 2011