What is the reason for white patches on the face of 50 day old child and how can it be treated ?

My son is 50 days old. After a few days of his birth he developed som pimple like stuff on his cheeks. Doctors told us not to worry and they will peel of on there own. they did peel of but now my son has some white patches on his face . Doctor has prescribed Zole-F for this. I am not sure if this is the correct ointment because after reading on the net I believe that the ointment is for Fungal infection. Also, I would like to know why are these white spts there?? please help..
Asked On : Tue, 20 Mar 2012