What is the reason for weak flapping gums ?

Hi my question is what is the cause of weak flapping gums and is there anything I can take for it?
Asked On : Wed, 23 Mar 2011
Dentist 's  Response
Gingivitis is inflammation of the gums. The treatment includes scaling of your dentist by a dentist.Scaling should be done atleast once in 6 months. You should also take care of the following instructions.
Massage your gums using your finger after brushing your teeth. Clean your tongue using a tongue scraper. Change your tooth brush once in 3 months. Floss your teeth once daily. Visit your dentist once in 6 months.
Dentist Dr. Ankit Desai's  Response
Weak and flapping gums are a result of Gingivitis (infection of the gums -a gum disease). Its symptoms are bleeding gums(usually while brushing), foul smell from mouth, bright red colored gums instead of normal pink color of healthy gums and loosening of teeth if the disease is too severe. Scaling (i.e. cleaning) by a dentist will solve the problem to a great extent. Also, Capsule Doxycycline may be prescribed in case of severe infection, but that is only after consulting the doctor. In certain cases a flap surgery for the gums may be required which is done by a Periodontist (Gum Surgery Specialist)

Dentist Dr. E. Bharathikannan's  Response
hearing from you reveals that there is a severe infection in gums , you shoul get a subgingival scaling. bone graft may be needed according to the infection and bone loss assesed by the periodontist. take an OPG and visit the periodontist soon. take care.
Dentist Dr. Vishal Jain's  Response

The basic reason is plaque or in simple terms tarter deposits around the tooth, which in later stages turn into hard structure called calculus.
It contain large amount of bacteria which destroy the gums. at the initial stage the gums will be swollen, starts bleeding, red in texture, then they start receding and the tooth will become mobile.

Advice is to go for normal check up after every 6 month, go for scaling and do brushing of the teeth twice daily.

Dr. Vishal Jain.