What is the reason for tenderness in the eye socket bone since my ESR test reports say that there is no infection within the body ?

i have a blind spot in the center vision; over the past year or so i have developed extreme tenderness to the eye touch, and also have dealt with recurring mastoiditis, which right now is causing swelling into my neck, eye socket bone under my eye and ear. it is more like a tenderness - extreme to the touch, as is the eye itself, like it is bruised. any ideas? lost the center vision 17 years ago and got no answers back then for it. Thank you for responding, and I appreciate your comments. However, what do you mean that I may lose the eye forever, and why does it sound like an infection to you? I had an ESR test done recently (sed rate) that did not indicate any inflammation within my body; could this have been a false recording of the sed rate? Also, for 17 years, not one doctor can see anything abnormal within the eye, and only testing (field vision, depth perception, etc) indicate there is a problem. The eye now wanders and I was fitted for a prism lense for the left eye for my glasses (I wear contacts mostly). Depth perception is off the charts, as is the actual vision - I am at a -6.50. I have not seen an eye \
Asked On : Tue, 9 Aug 2011