What is the reason for sweet skin taste as i am insulin resistant and have a family history of diabetes ?

Why does my skin taste sweet? I am insulin resistant but not diabetic I am 30 year old female and I have history of diabetes in family and 2 years ago I was diagnosed with hypothyroid and one year ago I was diagnosed with insulin resistence and acanthosis nigricanes. Doctor prescribed thyronorm 50 mcg which I am taking regularly but haven t started taking glycomet 500 mg yet which is prescribed to me. I have habit of licking my own lip with tounge but since last 2 days I noticed when I licked it it tasted sweet, so I tried licking my hands and it too tasted sweet. However today its not happening but was happening for last 2-3 days. I got sugar test today which came 110 ppbs which is borderline but not enough to be diagnosed with diabetes. What can be the issue. How can a skin taste sweet. Its really annoying.
Asked On : Sun, 18 Dec 2011