What is the reason for prescribing ferrous ascorbate and folic acid to one having missed periods and negative pregnancy test ?

I have missed the periods this month. so I went to consult doctor and took pregnancy test . It shows negative and the doctor prescribed me to take FeNeed-XT tablets. Its written on the cover like Ferrous ascorbate & folic acid . I know that pregnant women do take this Ferrous ascorbate &folic acid tablet. If i do take this Feneed tablet do i get any pregnancy or not?????? Actually i donot want to get pregnant.
Asked On : Wed, 14 Mar 2012