What is the reason for me not to conceive ?

I m 24 years old female. i m having regular period. My TSH level is 19.9. But im not getting pregnant . so please help me and give me a solution
Asked On : Mon, 25 Apr 2011

Welcome to HealthcareMagic.

High TSH denotes low activity of thyroid gland , Hypothyroidism. When you are planning fro pregnancy , it is important for you to get treatment for Hypothyroidism first and once your hormone levels are under control you can go ahead with pregnancy.I advise you to take treatment for Thyroid problem regularly.

OBGYN Dr. Rhea Chanda's  Response
You tsh levels are very high that requires medication.Even if you periods are regular you need to find out if you are having normal ovulation.That is done by a ultrasound procedure called follicular study.You need to see a fertility specialist.Along with you,your partner should be tested also as standard procedure.
General & Family Physician Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware's  Response
welcome to HealthcareMagic
Your TSH report is high and is suggestive of Hypothyroid so you need to get treated for that.If a couple is having unprotected sex and does not conceive for 1 year then it is called Infertility.So if you have not conceive for 1 year then you and your husband need to get investigated to find the cause of infertility.Better consult a Gynaecologist who will advise the necessary investigation & give treatment according to it .