What is the reason for getting nerve pain ?

I am suffering from nerve pains near my neck and feel like the nerves are pulling and kinda pains near chest like needle pinch from many days i consulted the doc he gave me medicine and told me nerve weakness he gave me 7 days tab coaurse and after that i stopped taking tab and now my nerves are paining please tell me a permanent solution for this i wanna get rid of this please i am not able to concentrate on my studies and can i know the reasons for this i am confussed why it happened.. i sleep late night,take food at odd timings..... (Age-21,Gender-male)
Asked On : Sun, 12 Jun 2011
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
hi welcome,
you are most probably suffering from cervical spondylitis from your complaints.
any way for you at this age degeneration if bones will not be there.
you have to change you routine
1-avoid continuous sitting and reading
2-take rest after 30 minutes for 5 minutes
3-avoid excess bike ride
4-regulate food timing
5-for the pain and numbness you better consult an ayurveda doctor and apply some medicines.
6-do the exercise for the neck like
side wise bending and back ward stretching movements should be slow and for 30 minutes
7-use thin pillows
or write in details