What is the reason I am unable to lose weight inspite of diet and exercise ?

I am training for a AAAAAAA 5km swim. I ve ways been healthy as when I was younger I trained as a dancer. I developed an eating disorder which was treated and I would say cured (for 4 years). I still have a huge I interest in health. It my weight fluctuates so much. I exercise 3-7 times per week a mix of swimming running spin classes circuits and boxing. I generally eat well always have 5 fruit/veg and only really have chocolate once per week. I dont eat sweets takeaway or cakes/ biscuits and no sugar in tea or coffee and no sugary or fizzy drinks. Despite all this, I am still big. I still have a layer of fat on my tummy and am definitely bigger than most of my friends who dont do any exercise and eat junk. I also eat gluten free and whole grain and avoid bread most of the time as it makes me feel bloated and sometimes have a runny tummy from it. I just wonder why I dont lose weight faster and why I gain very easily? Could it be related to the bloating? Should I get this properly investigated? When I run for instance I run about 40 min no stopping...should I do more to be thinner? Thanks
Asked On : Fri, 23 Mar 2012