What is the proper treatment for dark pigmentation on face and neck ?

hi i have very dark pigmentation complaint all over my face and neck. my other inner parts of the body is around 3 shades lighter than my face and neck. my forehead especially is very very dark compared to other parts of my face(like i have two dark blotches on both the sides of my forehead). i am bascially an indian with indian olive skin being my natural skin tone. i have this pigmentation problem from past many years 6-7yrs. i tried around dozens of creams and nothing worked. Later i came to know that melasma may be deep down to dermal layer also or may be in the epidermal layer and no skin lightening creams can effectively travel to dermal layer or infact to epidermal layer also. Now i am planning to use a 1mm derma roller and immediately applying skin lightening cream containing alpha-arbutin,lumiskin,nianicimide etc. what is your suggestion? please reply!
Asked On : Sun, 7 Aug 2011