What is the proper diet plan for kid ?

my son is un healthy. he does not feel himself hungry. my son is un healthy. he does not feel himself hungry. what can i do?
Asked On : Thu, 30 Dec 2010
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Does your child not like the certain food. Is he drinking water, juice etc. If the child is weak and not feeding it could be dangerous and needs immediate Doctor's advice. Otherwise you may try feeding him small bits of the food he likes. Gradually upgrade to the food he less prefers. He needs plenty of fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables. High protein diet like cereals, pulses, chicken, lean meat, eggs are very helpful in normal growth. He needs good hydration with water and fresh fruit juice. If he is not feeding at all do show him to his Doctor to rule out any pathological causes.
  Anonymous's Response
Need more information. How old is your son?
Cardiologist Dr. Naresh Ruparelia's  Response
Hi well come to HCM.
You have ot mentioned his age,any other complain like fever,fatigue,Wt loss,cough etc
is very essential to know before giving your answer.If nothing of this short involve him
in some exercise like walking,swimming, wt lifting etc.Extra physical activity will definetely
make him feel hungry.Is he fond of more of out side food than home made find out
that and try to improve that and train him for good life style for sleep, food and exercise.
If he has habit of taking excess tea coffe,cold beverages,tobacco,smoking etc should
be corrected grdual counselleng over a period of time he can improve his appetite. Thanks
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for query,
It seems that your son might have worm infestation causing anemia and resulting in loss of appetite.
Go for stool and blood test for hemoglobin.
Give the food he likes the most.
Give fresh fruit juices and green veggies soup.
Give branded Iron syrup.
Ok and bye.