What is the procedure to take a pregnancy test ?

if i take a urine pregnancy test what is the procedure? do they take my sample of urine to the lab?
Asked On : Sat, 21 May 2011
Hi Martha
Welcome to HealthcareMagic.

For urine pregnancy test they take your urine sample.As kits are available ,the test is done anywhere and the result can be known instantly.Best sample would be early morning urine sample.beta HCG can also be detected by blood test.

General & Family Physician Dr. Mohammed Tauseef's  Response
Hi Martha, Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.
You should be getting it done, using a early morning urine sample one week after missing your expected periods. First you Velocit Kit from a Pharmacy shop and collect the sample of first urine for the day in the early morning as the First morning urine usually contains the highest concentration of hCG and is therefore the best sample when performing the urine test.Collect it in a Filler which is available with the kit and put a drop in the well over the slab. Wait for colored bands to appear. Depending on the concentration of hCG in the test specimen, positive results (that is two lines should appear )may be observed in as little as 40 seconds. If a single line appears at "C", the test is negative for Pregnancy.

Good Luck.