What is the procedure of abdominopelvic scan ?

Hi Doc, Pls let me know what is the procedure of AbdominoPelvic Scan and How can I prepare for that.
Asked On : Tue, 6 Sep 2011
Hello madhavi. Take dinner the previous night and take some mild laxative.then fast overnight and go for your scan empty stomach on next morning
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response

thanks for query.You have not mentioned for which indication this is to be done.If it is to be done for pregnancy and related things,you need to have full bladder means you have drink water and hold urine before the scan.If is done for some other abdominal condition then fasting is better.It is just a procedure in which a stick like thing probe will be moved over your abdomen and the images will be seen on monitor.It is a painless procedure and you need to worry about it.In case of early pregnancy sometimes scan is also done through vagina,then you need prepare that part.
wishing you good health.