What is the permanent cure for treating mental imbalance ?

Hi All, My sister is suffering from mental imbalance(she speaks some thing differently compared to normal situation, which is irrelevant).It happened three times in one year. First time we took her to psychiatrist near home town, he prescripted some medicines, she used them for more than 5 months then stopped.It got cured in first 2 weeks, but we make her to use medicines as precaution. Later almost after 9 months, in recent february same thing happened.Used same medicines and its got cured temperorily.Once again in last week its got repeated. Just want know the permenant solution for this. Please suggest the way. We live in Guntur,Andhrapradesh,India. Thanking you in advance. Regards CBR
Asked On : Fri, 6 May 2011
its psychiatric problem and not a infection.
so if u want to cure it ,then u must motivate and guide ur sister to be positive and normal.
this type of illness require more care ans courage from family person.
dont ignore her in any way.
try to understand it and why she behave like this.
if she have any problem try to solve it
she need to take treatment for long time even she get better.
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
Dear Ali,thanks for query.I can understand your concerns,but dear diagnosis is important.Depending upon the diagnosis you have to continue the full treatment course ,even if she becomes normal.So please go back to psychiatrist and complete the course as per his advise.Regular follow up is also essential.Bye and take care.