What is the normal weight of baby while in uterus ?

hello dr. my nine moth is running my baby is big in size he is 3978gram in 35 th week of pregnancy is there any complications
Asked On : Thu, 9 Jun 2011
Welcome to HCM.
Big baby will not creat any problem for you if you are visiting your Ob/gynec. regularly.
chances of caeserean delivery is there.otherwise there will be no any complication.
Best wishes.
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Good Day
Do you have Diabetes. The baby is a little big. In such situations an elective Caesarian section is usually done to prevent birth complications like arrested labour, shoulder problems, etc. You need to keep your blood sugar under control as advised by the Doctor.
OBGYN Dr. Nidhi Sharma Chauhan's  Response
welocme to healthcare magic
the weight of your baby is pretty good i would say. do not worry. i hope your sugar levels are under control and so is your blood pressure. other than that you must have been screened for thyroid disorder. when the baby is good size like with you, we get a few tests done to know that all is well in terms of maternal blood sugar, blood pressure and hypothyroidism. if everything is fine then in the above tests and the ultrasound rules out any gross congenital malformaton in the baby, there is nothing to be really worried about. you will however need a cesarian section to deliver your baby because big babies are at risk during vaginal delivery. so relax n just check that all your tests are within normal limits n let your gynaecologist decide when to do your delivery.