What is the musty smell from scalp? Can it be due to shampoos?

Hi i am a 29 yr old female...for the past 6 months if not longer, i have been noticing this pungunt musty smell coming from my scalp and through my pores on my smells musty like almost a fecal slash dirty musty smell..i have talked with my dr about this and he recommends certain shampoo...i have had blood tests because i havent good really over the past yr or so...but i am suffering from anxiety and i think my dr thinks this sense of smell is in my head...but its not, my daughter can smell it too so i can clearly see i am not imagining this. I take two showers a day, shampooing every other conditioning daily and the smell subsides immediately after washing but sometimes i can smell it lingering while blow drying and then by the next morning the smell is there again and also i can smell it on my nose through my pores and cheeks...could there be an underlying issue going on and how do i approach my dr without him thinking im going crazy...
Asked On : Fri, 28 Sep 2012