What is the medical term for a condition where there is a hole in the nose at birth ?

my baby was born with a lump on the top of his nose, he went on to have a scan which showed he has a hole in his nose, the lump grows when he s ill or has a cold to protect the hole, the lump bursts and he now has a scar were it has burst so many times. If he fall s or bangs his nose the lump grows and over time bursts.we know no the hole leads back to his brain . He has ear infections and colds all the time. He s waiting for mri scans to get better pictures before they operate. he s now 3 and we have just found out he s hard of hearing in both ears. He is waiting for a hearing aid. What is the meddical term for this condition? And can I claim dla for him?
Asked On : Thu, 31 Mar 2011