What is the meaning of Diastolic Dysfunction with E SEPTUM? Is it serious? Take precautions?

Hello Doctor, My father aged of 70 years got his echo test results one day back. As per the test the following impression & conclusion is given ; LEFT VENTRICLE : Dimensions – Normal , Mild concentric Hypertrophy with EF - 72% ,LV mass - 321gm, FRACT SH - 41 % and SEP Thick – 0%. LEFT ATRIUM + IAS : LA Dimensions – normal. AROTA : Arotic insufficiency – MILD, Normal Flow Velocity with AO DIAM : 19.5mm, LA 36.0mm, LA/AO Dia : 1.84 MITRAL : VALVE – Normal , GRADE 1 Diastolic Dysfunction with E SEPTUM : 7.9 mm & EF SLOPE – 43 mm / s. PULMONARY : Retrograde Flow – Physiological Regurgitation flow TRICUSPID : Retrograde Flow – Regurgitation flow within the norm. Can u please explain the same whether problem is serious and what precautions to get this normal. Please suggest. Your early suggestion in the above regards will be highly appreciated. Thanks & Regards Rakesh
Asked On : Fri, 28 Sep 2012