What is the ideal HB level during pregnancy ? Are lower body pains and dislike towards food normal signs of pregnancy ?

Hi! My sister-in-law is 4 months pregnant . Recently she got her hb checked and it was 9.5%. She has developed dislike for certain foods (since she s pregnant) like chapattis, non-veg etc. She complains of ache in her waist and legs. What foods can help her get healthy?? Is it normal to have hb of 9.5% in pregnancy?? Her ultrasound was done and she it was normal. Her age is 27 and this is her first pregnancy.
Asked On : Thu, 12 May 2011
Hello, it is very normal to have such dislikes during pregnancy. She should eat whatever she liks, and should try to have small frequent every 2 hrly, she can take little little food as curd, milk, egg, banana, fruits, rice or whatever she prefers.
her hb is little low, for which she must be taking iron tablets.try to iclude greenleafy vegetables in her diet.She can take suppliments like mother horlicks with milk.
She should take adequate rest,atleast 2 hrs at day time and 8 hrs at night.
her reports are normal so don't worry she will deliver a healthy baby.
she can mail me or call me anytime at or 9820739032