What is the function of Fertab and clomifene tablets ?

my doctor she told me to take fertab-50 clomifene tablets 50mg can u exsplan to me what is the use of this medicn
Asked On : Thu, 1 Mar 2012

Thanks for posting your query. Clomiphene citrate is usually prescribed to women who have problems with ovulation and desire to conceive. This is an ovulation stimulant, that is, it releases eggs from the ovaries.

It is especially indicated in those who are having polycystic ovaries or those who fail to conceive after prolonged contraceptive use. It is also prescribed in other conditions of hormonal imbalance like galactorrhea etc.

It is basically given to induce ovulation.

Hope I’ve answered your query.