What is the effect of smoking on fetus?

I am a 24 year old working woman, in a software firm. We were married for a year now and my husband feels we should have kids. I smoke almost a pack of cigarettes a day. Will that affect my child in the future?
Asked On : Mon, 30 Nov 2009
Smoking affects almost every organ in the body, causing many diseases and reducing the general health. The mixture of nicotine and carbon monoxide in each cigarette you smoke temporarily increases your heart rate and blood pressure, straining your heart and blood vessels. Tar coats your lungs like soot in a chimney and causes cancer. A 20-a-day smoker breathes in up to a full cup (210 g) of tar in a year. The changes that occur generally with smoking are aneurysm, abruption placenta, Angina, Macular degeneration, Depression, Deep vein thrombosis, sudden infant death syndrome, Thrombosis, Transient Ischemic Attack. The list is exhaustive but primarily pertaining to pregnancy these will be the once. In the young one these are the conditions that could be expected Learning disabilities, congenital malformations, Neural tube defects, renal anomalies, premature expulsion of the fetus. The benefits of quitting smoking are more than measurable.