What is the difference between inj HUMOG 75 IU and HUMOG 75 HP IU ?

Hello Doc , I need a clarification on inj HUMOG 75 IU. I saw a similar name medicine - inj HUMOG 75 HP IU. Can you please explain the difference between the two? Regards, Jesica
Asked On : Sun, 25 Mar 2012
Hi Jesica
The drugs are extracted from urine of postmenopausal women. There is a processing difference of the method of purification. HP stands for highly purified. Other wise the durg contents are similar and dosing and all other indication and side effects are similar. there appears to be less allergic reaction to the HP version.
Hope you find my explanation useful.

Thanking you
Dr Samir