What is the difference between Orofex xt and Ferium xt ?

Are orofex xt and Ferium xt the same ?? The doctor prescribed orofex xt, but the pharmacy has given Ferium xt
Asked On : Tue, 28 Jun 2011
Both are almost the same products and can be interchanged without making any difference to the treatment. Just be sure to take it with water half an hour before meal.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
General & Family Physician Dr. Shanthi.E's  Response

Orofer XT and Ferium XT are both Iron preparations, but the manufacturing companies are different.

You can take either of them depending on which suits you better.

Thank you.

Wishing you good health
General Surgeon Dr. Avinash A's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic
orofer xt and ferium xt are two diff brands with the same composition..u can always go with it as the composition matters and not the brand. so u can go ahead with it...still not satisfied u can always get it from the other pharmacy..
  Anonymous's Response
Thanks for the replies .. it was very helpful