What is the diet to help children gain weight ?

my one year old son is not put on waight ,his birth waight is 3.4 or now he is 8.4 my son is 1 year old & his waight now 8.4 ,but he born 3.4 kg ,what to do for his waight
Asked On : Fri, 22 Apr 2011
Dietitian & Nutritionist 's  Response
hi madhvi... you kid is growing fine.. as long as he is healthy and does not have any other health problems.. do not worry.. just focus on giving him healthy foods like fruits, mashed veggies, ragi porridge.. you can add skim milk powder in his food increase the caloric level..make sure he eats every 2 hours.. an active healthy child is all you need him to be..
Dermatologist Dr. Gaurav Patel's  Response
i dont think ur baby is undernourish
it will take some time to gain wt
dont give him too much diet
gradually increase it
start from the soft and liquid diet