What is the diet for a 3 years old baby in flu ?

age of child is 3 years,male he is having flue and throat infection.whether rice,potatoes and juices are good in this condition?
Asked On : Wed, 27 Apr 2011
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
In flu or viral infection all you have to give is a very light diet like Dal Rice khichdi milk etc to the child
You should avoid oily food and cold referigerated food stuffs
Kindly see that there is no fever and give him proper course of antibiotics if suggested by your family doctor

Welcome to Healthcaremagic

A sore throat is almost always a non threatening condition but even though it may not be serious in most cases it is a source of great discomfort. A sore throat can be quite painful and make even necessities like eating food and swallowing excruciating.

Cinnamon is regarded as an effective remedy for a sore throat resulting from a cold. One teaspoon of coarsely powdered cinnamon, boiled in a glass of water with a pinch of pepper powder, and two teaspoons of honey can be taken as a medicine in the treatment of this condition. Two or three drops of cinnamon oil, mixed with a teaspoon of honey, also give immense relief.

It is absolutely essential for you to avoid foods and drinks that could aggravate the condition and hamper the healing process. All junk foods and oily or fried foods should be avoided completely for the duration of the sore throat. Simply avoiding such irritants could help relieve sore throat symptoms to some extent.

fruits rich in vitamin c should be consumed as they can promote healing and also boost your immune system helping your body fight off an infection naturally.

For further inquiries you can contact me at

General & Family Physician Dr. Mohammed Tauseef's  Response
Hi, Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.
You need to give him apart from Medications, Plenty of Fluids, Fresh fruits and Green Leafy Vegetables. Don't give him Junk but Protein rich foods like Eggs, Milk. If he eats chicken and fish, it is welcome. Let him take adequate rest and do tepid sponging if the temperature rises more than 99 F. This will aid him in speedy recovery.

I wish him Good Health, Take Care.
Homeopath Dr. KOMAL vig's  Response
hello , welcome to helathcare magic forum

better feed your child with fluids food stuff n light food , u can give dal rice , khichadi , milk , rotis , avoid juices as that might cause more pain to swallow,avoid spicy foods ,as the infection subsides you can start daily food meals .
wish yur child good health always.
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Ram Mani Bhandari's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic
In the condition of flu and throat pain plenty of fluid is needed. You can take food semisolid easily digestable. Heavy food containing spicy, oily should be avoided. Avoid excess cold and drink only safe drinking water and have bed rest for better relief. High protein and fatty diet dont give .
Homeopath Dr. Pratima Verma's  Response
Hi !
Welcome to Healthcare Magic,
Avoid giving him juices which are sour and cold in nature like grapes,oranges, pomegranates and also chips and chocolates.You can give apple juice home made, chicku shakes.Inspite of all these if doesn't recover them consult a Homoeopath.

Thanks and Take care
Homeopath Dr. Mishty Ballaney's  Response
hi ! owing to d viral infection u shuld nt give him/her juices as it aggravates the condition, liquid diet like dal, milk, chappati,rice, all d vegetables can b given.

dr mishty.
Homeopath Dr. Ajay Agarwal's  Response
its a viral infection,due to sore throat avoid juice and curd only,try to stem inhalation.

dr ajay agarwal
Homeopath Dr. Prashant Baheti's  Response
hi, welcome to hcm
if there is sore throat then gargal with warm water thrise a not eat sour food or fruit.
Homeopath Dr. Ratnesh Pandey's  Response
welcome to HCM
this a condition of sore throat there is nothing to worry.have attention over not give child or cold .avoide spicy food .give khichadi and light meal