What is the dark spot on the bottom of foot? What could cause it?

My brother in law noticed a dark spot on the bottom of my foot today when I had my feet propped up. There is one that is a circle and another that is oblong along my heal. The oblong is on the outside of my heal the other circle spot is on the inside of my heal. They re dark purple. I have no pain in my feet. I did run a 10k this morning, but I don t know how long they ve even been there. When I apply pressure to the spots they don t change color. I can t feel anything under the skin. The circle one is pretty consistent in color. The oblong spot has 3 lighter spots toward the middle along the length of the spot. Any ideas on what would cause this? Can you bruise in your feet? It was a trail run with uneven ground.
Asked On : Wed, 19 Sep 2012