What is the cure for ear discharge ?

HI doctor , i m 20 years old my ear is discharging from time to time, plz inform me about it briefly and its curring. THANKS
Asked On : Sat, 23 Apr 2011
ENT Specialist 's  Response
You are suffering from a disease called CSOM( i.e. chronic suppurative otitis media) In this disease people get a perforation in the ear drum, so they get recurrent infection and discharge from the ear.

to get a permanet treatment for this problem you have to undergo a surgery called tympanoplasty,where after clearing the disease the perforated ear drum is repaired with a graft.

General Surgeon Dr. Rajinder Bajoria's  Response
Welcome to health care magic forum
persistent chronic ear discharge is due to infection of middle ear & perforation of ear drum .It is common in persons with habit of ear pricking .consult ENT surgeon & get it treated .Keep ear clean & dry.Take a course of antibiotics.
Wish you good health