What is the composition of levipil ?

sir,in our NICU there is a patient dignosed as HIE Stage-II.And neonatologist adviced to give levipil.So kindly tell me the composition of levipil
Asked On : Sat, 10 Mar 2012
Levipil is Levetiracetam. It is a pyrrolidine. It is an analog of piracetam. It is used in the treatment of epilepsy. It is an add on drug in the treatment of myoclonic & uncontrolled partial generalised tonic-clonic siezures. One of the recent drugs used in epilepsy. Mechanism still unclear. Also improves cognitive function. Devoid of drug interactions with other anti epileptic drugs. Side effects are dizziness & sedation.