What is the cause of white fluffy mucous with hard stools ?

I have been noticing white fluffy mucous in my stool for the past few months now. The stools are also very often hard to pass, or very soft; rarely average or normal. There are also times when I feel as though I need to go, but all that comes out is a jelly-like, yellowish-green, foul-smelling substance. Should i be alarmed?
Asked On : Tue, 3 Apr 2012
Hi welcome to H.C.M.Forum. dont worry about the problem. just you eat curd only with rice or any food for two days then eat only vegetable curries
DON'T WORRY, TAKE TAB- FLAGYL-400MG 2 TIMES A DAY,TAB-SPORLAC 2TIMES A DAY FOR 5 DAYS.HAVE A PROPER DIET ON RIGHT TIME AND DRINK PLENTY OF WATER EVERYDAY.