What is the cause of swelling on the wrist post removal of cast ?

I broke my wrist and had to have surgery. The surgery was extensive and I now have a metal plate and four screws in the wrist. It has been over a month and the cast came off today. I am still swollen and have had a hard time healing . I take lisinopril HCTZ 20/12. Could this impede my recovery. They tried to get ablood sample and couldn t because my veins collapsed. My blood pressure on ave. is 123/81 ( I take it at home twice a day )
Asked On : Tue, 3 Apr 2012