What is the cause of sore on the upper palate that swells after eating ?

Hi My name is kelly. I am in panic mode. brought my 16 year old daughter to doctor today. she has been complaining about a sore on the roof of her mouth that swells after she eats. after a few hours it goes away. dr saw it today it was not swollen but saw white spot and indentation. sending us to ENT. I asked the cancer question and was told that its rare in someone her age. she does not smoke or drink and is in good physical condition. could this be something other then cancer
Asked On : Tue, 10 Apr 2012