What is the cause of shortness of breath and palpitations post physical activity in one with idiopathic lung fibrosis ?

I am 67 years old male.I was diagnosed idiopathic lung fibrosis in dec2006. My wight was 95kgin2006andnowitis104kg.i was very very casual smoker till I was 45 years old. I did visited many time pesticide and chemical manufacturing plants . I started 4 tablets 600 mg every days n acetyl cistine from last 5years . I do take homeopathic treatment. I did also take Ayurvedic treatment. I do one hrs bbreathing exercise. My doctor claim that I have now bring fibrosis /Stablised fibrosis. I do get 6 to 8 bout dry cough after bath and lunch and dinner. I have to take one hour rest after working 5 hours office sitting job. I have also orthoartheritis ( knee joint pain). If I climb 4 floor staircase, I do get short of breath also after walking half km. Last week I did cycling in Jim for 20 mts 2 km my pulse rate reached 200. I take every year vaccine for flu and pneumonia . My homeopathic doctor is MD in allopathy from uk.
Asked On : Thu, 12 Apr 2012