What is the cause of shortness of breath and feeling of lump in the throat in one with a history of duodenal ulcers ?

hello 2 weeks ago i started to have slight asthma symptoms (i live in an area with a lot of cedar trees which are pollenating) felt like i couldn t catch my breath. after a couple of days it stopped, but then i have this feeling like there is a lump in my throat all the time (except when i eat) accompanied by a lot of tiny burps. not painful, exactly, but uncomfortable. I especially worry because I have a history of duodenal ulcers caused by h. pylorii and bad acid reflux . I am taking a round of Prilosec but it is not really helping. Im 27, eat pretty healthy and dont drink a whole lot or smoke cigarettes. Wondering if i should be worried about a possible tumor? I dont have health insurance so dont want to shell out the money if they are just going to put me on more prilosec or nexium .
Asked On : Tue, 7 Feb 2012