What is the cause of severe runny nose in an infant ?

my baby girl , 8 months old has severe runny nose , for 4 weeks now. we thought it has to do with teething . there are no other symptoms.
Asked On : Sun, 19 Feb 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hi welcome to Health care magic forum,

Running nose in a 8 month baby indicate allergic rhintis or a simple viral infection of upper respiratory tract. Sometimes teething may cause irritation of teeth and baby put anything in her mouth and cause infection or it could be a coincidence .

So avoid your baby exposing to air air conditioner and keep her little warm . Keep any dirty cloths or material out of her reach.