What is the cause of severe pain, facial and ear swelling post medicines for tragus piercing infection ?

Hi, I had my tragus pierced a couple of months ago and noticed it got infected, i left it for a few days, but the pain was throbbing so I went to the doctor and he prescribed me flucloxacillin 500mg, I have been taking it since yesterday every four hours along with co cocodamol and ibuprofen . Since then the pain has worsened and my face has swollen around my ear, particularly underneath . It is so sore, like burning and throbbing furthermore I have a red lump on my tragus. I have taken the piercing out, but just wondering if I am doing the right thing, as the symptoms have worsened.
Asked On : Wed, 4 Apr 2012