What is the cause of severe cough in my child with mild fever and red spots in the eyes ?

Hi, my 4-yr-old has been coughing for the past two days, has some colds too and a low-grade fever last night. Now i noticed his eyes are a little watery with some red spots on the outer whites of both of his eyes. What could this be, should we take him to see his pedia or could this just be part of the bug that hit him? Thanks.
Asked On : Sun, 15 Apr 2012
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Hi
Red eyes with watering without discharge are signs of viral infection since he has associated cold and fever too.
Cold compresses with a lubricant will be very soothing for eye irritation but still an ophthalmologist consultation is recommended to assess the corneal involvement and additional topical eye drops.

Do consult your pediatrician for his fever and cold management.
HELLO,
PLEASE GET THE CHILD EXAMINED YOUR NEAREST MEDICAL SEPECIALST /PAEDITRICIAN.HE WILL SPOT ADVISE,WHICH MY PROVE GREAT COMFORT FOR THE CHILD.
DR.MOHSIN MADNI