What is the cause of recurring cough and fever post a bang on the chest ?

hi there,i have a few questions that worry me for now,,my boyfriend had an accident bout 4 months ago and his chest was hitted by the car steering,,for a moment he just fine,but after 2 months he start cough and got fever for a week.then, he recovered for bout 2 weeks but he start to cough and fever back.this condition continue until now. is the cough are the effect of the accident or it just coincidence? and is it dangering him? is there any further effect to him?is he needs to get any treatment?im just worry him,hope any one can guide me,thanks a lot..
Asked On : Wed, 28 Mar 2012