What is the cause of recurrent abdominal pain in 6 years old ?

Hello! My 6 year old son has recurring abdominal pain . He usually complains his tummy hurts pointing to his navel area often in the morning and at bedtime. The recurrent abdominal pain has been occuring on and off for several months. I ve tried to monitor his diet , bowel movements, stress order to determine the cause, but with no real answers. Not sure how to proceed... your hypothesis and feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! Concerned Mom
Asked On : Wed, 23 Mar 2011