What is the cause of prevailing bump on the head post a fall ?

Hi. I hit my head fairly hard, hea, I felt over the bump on my head and felt a reasonabled on a wall four days ago. The swelling/ bruise on my forehead hasn t gone down at all. Today, I felt over the bruise/bump on my head and felt split in my skull . It is a few mm wide and runs from near my hairline, down to my eyebrow. I m just wondering if it s worthwhile seeing my gp and getting an xray? It s sore in a nagging way, but sort of burns if I feel it too much. Thanks in advance for your help!
Asked On : Sun, 25 Mar 2012